10mg/10000mcg per vial
- Dose per Injection: 1mg of Melanotan II
- Injections per vial: 10 x 1mg injections
- Amount to Inject: If you have used 1ml of water for mixing then 1mg = 0.1ml (or 10 units on the Insulin Syringe). If you have used 2ml of water for mixing then 1mg = 0.2ml (or 20 units) and if you have used 3ml of water for mixing, then 1mg = 0.3ml (or 30 units).
- Dose per Injection: 0.5mg of Melanotan II
- Injections per vial: 20 x 0.5 mg injections
- Amount to Inject: If you have used 1ml of water for mixing then 1mg = 0.05ml (or 5 units on Insulin Syringe). If you have used 2ml of water for mixing then 1mg = 0.1ml (or 10 units) and if you have used 3ml of water for mixing, then 1mg = 0.15ml (or 15 units).
Melanotan II Dosage Frequency
- The frequency of Melanotan II injections depends on the phase of usage you are in. If you are new to the product, or are taking it again for the first time after a period of absence, then you will begin with what is called the “loading phase” and will need to inject every day. Once you have achieved the shade of tan you are happy with, then you can switch to the “maintenance phase” which involves less frequent injections.
- How often: One injection, taken every day (7 times per week) For How Long: Until you have achieved your desired shade of tan (this will take 2-6 weeks depending on how often you tan and also your skin type).
- How often: One injection taken 2 or 3 times per week.
- For How Long: As long as you want to maintain your shade of tan. Upon cessation of usage, your skin will return to its natural shade in about 1-2 months.
- Despite being referred to us a “sunless tanning” agent, Melanotan II (MT2) requires UV exposure to work properly, results without it develop extremely slowly or sometimes not at all. The incidence of side effects such as hyperpigmentation also appears to be higher when Melanotan II is taken on its own and without exposure to the sun or sun beds.
UV exposure recommendations
- Loading Phase: 2-3 times per week if you wish to develop your tan as quickly as possible, otherwise once per week will allow your tan to build gradually.
- Maintenance Phase: 1 tanning session per week is usually sufficient to maintain your color. For How Long: 5-10 minutes in a sunbed (solarium) or 20-40 minutes in the sun.
- Precautions: Do not overexpose yourself to the sun, whilst Melanotan II does reduce sunburn, it only does so by approximately 50% for most users. Therefore it is still wise to apply sunscreen, especially on sensitive areas. Sunscreen will not affect Melanotan II’s ability to give you a tan.
- If your tan is not developing as quickly as you’d like then you simply need to increase the frequency of your UV exposure. You should never increase your Melanotan II dosage or injection frequency. Melanotan II and UV exposure complement each other, so if you spend a lot of time tanning you will need less frequent injections of Melanotan II to obtain and maintain your tan. If you don’t spend much time in the sun or sun beds then you will need more frequent dosages of Melanotan II to develop and keep your tan